Friday 28 October 2011

Linux or Windows : which to choose

This can be quite an odd feeling but now a days I am finding quite lot of guys switching from windows to linux based operating systems. In a world that is ruled by windows, Linux is getting itself a lot of looks from allover most of guys are now switching over to Linux based systems.

I myself started using Linux, I felt kind of weird for sometime then, I found it more interesting then windows. I used dual boot to boot Linux along with windows 7 and I found myself that I was booting to linux most of the time instead of going for windows. The faster performance and the overwhelming gorgeous looks was the key. Many guys would found it difficult to to migrate some may say Linux in not friendly but its not the fact.

So, what are the POPS and CONS of linux.

  1. Linux doesn't allows .exe files to execute, so no tension of viruses and keyloggers.
  2. Linux is open source so lot of people are working on making it more secure.
  3. Linux provide greater flexibility.
  4. Almost all linux based comes for free so, no need to spend money on some damn crap.
  5. Cool desktop effects
  6. Linux comes with live CD so you can use linux on any environment just keep your live CD with you.
  7. Non execution of .exe files makes some users dislike linux.

0 comments:

Post a Comment